In sit, turpis ac ridiculus porttitor mid eu etiam sed a sit. Lorem dictumst, mus, a risus, nec enim augue? Elementum porttitor? Porta magnis, cras lacus nisi arcu sagittis scelerisque? Magnis mauris, auctor pid, mauris nunc, placerat odio! Odio nascetur porta nisi, magnis eros urna? Tempor ridiculus adipiscing? Natoque? Amet.
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 medium-to-large apples
- 4 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- Maple syrup or honey, to taste (optional)
- Optional toppings: swirl of nut butter (pecan butter, almond butter or peanut butter)
- 1 In a medium Dutch oven or large saucepan (around 3.5 quarts), melt the butter over medium heat
- 2 Add the apple chunks, water and salt. Stir to combine, and raise the heat to high to bring the mixture to a simmer.
- 3 Remove from heat and let the oatmeal rest for 5 minutes before serving so it has more time to thicken up.
- 4 Divide the mixture into individual bowls and serve with any toppings you'd like.